Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Mighty Good Time For All-- Chicago 60s Rock-- Part 1

Back in November, Liz and I went to the Schaumburg Border's Store for the release of Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Vol. 10 party. We'll definitely be back for Vol. 11's release. We had a great time and a trip back down memory lane with lots of the guys we grew up with on the radio back in the 60sin Chicago.

Of course, our two big stations back then were both AM: WCFL and WLS. There was great music coming from the rest of the country, but Chicago had its own little thing going on with bands like New Colony Six, the Buckinghams, Shadows of Knight, and Cryan' Shames.

Everybody was here for the party. And they played for two hours. I kept a list of songs and groups.

NEW COLONY SIX

I Confess
I Love You So Much
I Will Always Think About You
Things I'd Like to Say
I Want You to Know-- Sold a million copies of this song

I later got to talk with Ray Graffia Jr, founder of the band. Of all the Chicago groups, this was my favorite.

Take Me Back to the Old Days. --RoadDog

No comments: