Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Every Bloomin' Thing: Early August

This time of year, a lot of yards are without much color, but not mine. I have the color wit a capital "C." My objective is to always have color year round.

Unfortunately, there are flowers that I have that I have no idea what they're called. I should take pictures of the ones I don't know and take them to a nursery.

Here is a list of flowers blooming right now:

dianthus-- various colors
purple coneflowers-- purple
black-eyed susans-- yellow
tall phlox-- various colors, bur mostly purple
some kind of a white perennial
some kind of a tall yellow sunflower-type plant
hosta flowers (blue)
chrysanthemums-- yellow
daylillies-- various colors, but mostly yellow and red
tickweed-- yellow
daisies-- white (but starting to fade out)
plumgant-- blue

And there are lots of each flower all over the place.

I've been doing a lot of transplanting of hostas as well.

Love That Yard. --RoadDog

No comments: