Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

40th Anniversary of Woodstock Music Festival-- Part 2

Last night, at Waukegan, Illinois' historic Genessee Thaeter (built in the 1920s and a real show place), there was a concert by some of the survivors of Woodstock. I mean survivors of both the event and the these 40 years.

Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane (featuring Grace Slick) were there as well being MCed by none other than "Fixin'-to-Die Rag" himself, Country Joe McDonald.

I would have liked to see this show.

However, the actual weekend of Woodstock, August 14-16th, will be observed August 14th and 15th at Galt Airport outside of Woodstock, Illinois. Both nights will feature some of the best tribute bands around for various acts from 40 years ago.

I am thinking seriously of going to the Friday show.

Missed the First One, Perhaps I'll Make the Tribute One. --RoadDog

1 comment:

jimbot said...

don't bother going to the tribute at galt. it sucks. a lot of people are saying the same thing as me. And this freakin helicopter is driving me nuts