Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sometimes You just Can't Win

First off, Saturday, I was planning on going boating earlier in the morning, but the weather was too threatening and storms were forecast.

I decided to take the 1985 Firebird down to the Fox Lake Jewel to get gas since I had 20 cents off on gas because of purchases. On the way down, the Citgo in Fox Lake was $2.50. When I got to Jewel, it was $2.60, so decided to go back to Citgo.

Stopped at Aldi and had several items, but the line was so long I put them back. No groceries for me.

I then drove back to Citgo and found they were now at $2.60 as well. Being low on gas, I decided I'd best fill up and it was $2.80 as the 'Bird takes premium.

Then, with all the threatening weather, it hadn't rained, so I went out, and guess what happened? I was fairly soaked by the time I got back to the house.

Let's see: no boating, no groceries, missed out on the cheaper gas, and then got all wet.

Well, at least the Sox beat that rich team from New York.

Oh Well, Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Lose, and I Lost Today.

No comments: