Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Groundhog Day Celebration in Woodstock, Illinois

I have been lookingh forward to this annual event while freezing here in the Midwest. Something else to get me through these rotten "Global Warming" winters we've had these last three years.

It kicked off yesterday with a wine/beer tasting event in Woodstock. I didn't go as I had already been doing my own beer/Crown Royal tasting at Donovan's in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin.

In just a little bit, I head over to Woodstock to get my Dog On after stops in McHenry at Borders, Binny's (for some Rebel Yell Bourbon or perhaps some Royal Crown Whiskey) and Vinyl Frontier to look at used CDs.

Tonight, we have the "Awakening of the Groundhog" at 6 pm, followed by the "Shake Off the Winter Blues Charity Dinner Dance" at the Woodstock Moose Lodge, where the dance and bachelor auction were filmed in the movie.

Today or tomorrow, I hope to check out the new restaurant where the Tip Top Cafe was and the bed and breakfast where Bill Murray stayed which id being converted into a real B&B.

I have a ten question test about the movie on my history blog: http://cootershistorything.blogspot.com.

"Don't Drive Angry." --RoadDog


"Do You Want to Throw Up Here are in the Car?" "I Think Both."

No comments: