Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Talking About the Journal

Last night I started work on the 2010 Journal, which marks the 33rd year I've kept it. I started it with a square dancing trip (yep, Square Dancing!!) up to northern Wisconsin back in August 1977 and have kept it ever since. Back in the 80s, I got so busy with deejaying, I missed one summer, but started again. I thought that would be it. Sure wish I had started this back in the 60s.

It, however, is getting rough to do because of the four blogs. I do summarize what I do every day and usually get around to writing it out in more detail. Eventually, something is going to have to go, but not sure yet what it will be.

These journals are a real trip back in time and bring back memories of things and people I would otherwise have forgotten. I'm thinking of finding a library, hopefully Northern Illinois University, to donate it to. I believe it would be helpful to some historian in the future to see what the regular folk were doing during the 70s, 80s, 90s, whatevers, and new whatevers.

I will be taking looks back to thirty years ago, 1980 (has it been THAT LONG?) at the beginning of each month. That also gives me a chance to correct spelling and punctuation as even some really easy words are misspelled.

Journals, or diaries if you will, are a pain, but years later a definite pleasure to bring back those old memories. When I taught language arts, I had the kids write a one hundred word summary of what they did every weekend for a writing assignment. Hopefully some of then kept their history and maybe even continued.

Hoping to Keep the Journal Going. --RoadDog


Thoughts to Ponder: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

You've neen journaling since the year I was born. Pretty impressive!

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I meant "been", not "neen", oops.