Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Movie Scratches: a 2009 Summary

Finishing up 2009 at the movies today.

I ended up seeing 54 new movies at the theater, mostly at the Fox Lake (Il) Theatre. I went a total of 57 times (saw three of them twice: Star Trek, 2012, Avatar) and ended up spending $244.

The Breakdown

$4-- 26
$5.50-- 20
Free-- 6
$3-- 1
$6-- 1
$6.50-- 1
$7-- 1
$7.50-- 1

I'm shooting for at least 40 movies in 2010. I have friends who will not see them until DVD, but I like to see them on the Big Screen with all that surround-sound.

Obviously, most of my showings are matinee. I like them because they're cheaper and usually far less crowded. I've seen several shows when I am the ONLY person in the theater. My OWN PRIVATE SHOWING. I really like that.

Most times, however, there are between one and five others.

I especially like the Senior Wednesdays at the Fox Lake Theatre where I pay $4. Those days quite often end up as a two movie day. Plus, at the theatre, you get to see a two-week movie for free every time you pay for seven tickets, a nice bonus.

Give Me Those Cheap Tickets. --RoadDog

No comments: