Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

40th Anniversary of Kent State-- Part 2: NIU Got Violent

I will be continuing this story on my Cooter's History Thing Blog http://cootershistorything.blogspot.com.

I had thought that the violence at Northern Illinois University had started within a few days after Kent State. There was unrest, but the real frightening times didn't erupt until almost two weeks later.

I definitely thought I was witnessing the end of the United States at the time. I'll never forget watching the students and police clash by Lincoln Hall, where I lived, and then the explosions that took place west of the dorm by the physical plant.

Quite a Scary Time to Live Through. --RoadDog

OXYMORONS: Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

No comments: