Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Where Were You April 25, 1974?-- Part 1

Bob Stroud jumped ahead five years to April 25th of 1974.
I was completing my first year of teaching 7th, 8th and 9th graders at Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, and living in Des Plaines, commuting in my 1973 green Ford Pinto with standard transmission.

I had a lot of preparations with two classes of freshman for World Geography, one class of 8th grade US history, one class of 8th grade geography elective and two classes of 7th grade geography elective. The elective classes changed every quarter.

Liz was still working at General Finance in Evanston, Illinois.

All comments are mine as I only heard a few parts of the show on the radio as I was driving around the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

ROCK ON-- DAVD ESSEX

THE LOCOMOTION-- GFR-- the first of two covers. Little Eva would be so proud.
MOCKINGBIRD-- JAMES TAYLOR AND CARLY SIMON- Charles and Inezz Foxx would be so proud.

FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY-- O'JAYS-- For all you hedgie-wedgies and GRBs out there.

Listening on My Drive to and from Round Lake. --RoadDog


Thought for the Day: He who hesitates is probably right.

No comments: