Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Now, That's REALLY Gettin' Down Da Road

Today I turn 59.

I plan on spending it doing stuff I really like to do.

I've already sat out on the front porch and listened to the birds, drinking my coffee and looking at the yard, and, in keeping with my age, had that old rockin' chair going.

I'm on the 'ol 'pute right now doing research and writin' away. I've found out about a Confederate ironclad that was being built in Tarboro, NC, before being destroyed by Union forces in 1863 and the Cook and Brother Armory in Athens, Ga., that had originally been in New Orleans before the fall of that city caused them to move to Georgia. I never knew about either of these.

Now, I am going to 4-blog to my four blogs starting here.

Later, it's yardwork then NTN at Hello Folks and then back home to enjoy the arboretum, gazebo and deck before watching the CBS Monday night lineup.

That's my idea of a good birthday, but, hey, I do this most days. What's so special about it? Living the Good Old Days.

Oh yes, thanks Mom!!!

The Next One is the B-I-G One!! --RoadDog

No comments: