Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where Were You April 25, 1969?-- Part 1

For the third month in a row, I didn't get to write down Bob Stroud's comments on his Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp. But, at least this time I got to listen to part of the show as we were in the Chicago suburbs for Liz's school's 100th anniversary.

April 25, 1969, I was getting ready to graduate from Palatine Township High School in Palatine, Illinois. I was enjoying Mr. Denny's Social Studies Survey Class and probably getting ready to go to prom with Liz.

I was sure happy to be leaving as sports editor of the Cutlass, the school paper.

I had already been accepted at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb.

All comments are mine.

ROCK ME-- STEPPENWOLF-- This song played all the time in the Senior Lounge at Palatine High School. Always reminds me of it.
TWENTY-FIVE MILES-- EDWIN STARR-- If you're only going to have two really big hits, this one and "War" are good choices.

THESE EYES-- GUESS WHO-- Canadian rockers.
YOU MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY-- BST-- Blue-eyed blues.

PINBALL WIZARD-- WHO-- From the Rock Opera "Tommy."
MEDICINE MAN (PART 1)-- BUCHANAN BROTHERS-- One of my favorites from this time. One-hit wonders.

Rock me All Night Long. --RoadDog


OXYMORON: Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

No comments: