Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 14, 2010

JSS: Real Empty Nesters Now-- Cassette Catastrophe-- NTNin'

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. REAL EMPTY NESTERS NOW-- The four baby robins literally flew the coop this morning. Liz said she looked out at 6 am and they were all there, then, 45 minutes later, only one remained and withing a minute, he took off as well, but required a deck landing and then one on the rail before he was off in the world.

Kind of sad, but we are happy all four made it.


2. CASSETTE CATASTROPHE-- While recording Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten radio show where he plays ten songs from one year, the cassette dubbing machine ate the cassette tape and even when I got the tape out, it wouldn't record any more. So, now all it is good for is playing the radio and cassettes.

Fortunately, I have several extra dubbing machines so am still in business.


3. NTNIN'-- Yesterday, we played NTN at Donovan's in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, and, despite some really difficult questions, managed to have quite a few top twenties, which is what we always aim for. I hate it when we are having problems with the questions and obviously more than a few people have seen the questions recently.

Barb the bartender, got me signed up under my ROADOG name at Hello Folks in Fox Lake, Illinois.

I guess I have spent an adequate amount of time protesting this switch from the old way of logging in. The new way isn't really all that bad, I just hate the fact that everything I know is constantly changing, even when I don't want it to.

Sure enjoyed the buy one-get one drinks and half price pizza.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog


Thiught for the Day: The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

No comments: