Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

JSS: Can't Believe I Did It!!-- A Proper 50th Birthday Present-- Where's Bob?

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.

1. CAN'T BELIEVE I DID IT!!-- Besides falling into the channel Thursday, yesterday I did something I said I would not do. But, in my defense, the price was right.

While waiting for Liz to get out of the eye doctor's, I went over to Meijer's in McHenry to look around. At the check out counter, they had Blackhawks Stanley Cup hats marked down from $15 to $5.

Well, I broke down and bought it. Just what I need, something else to be interested in.

The price made me do it. The price made me do it.


2. A PROPER 50TH BIRTHDAY PRESENT-- The reason I was at Meijer's, besides to look at what plants they had on sale in the nursery, was to check out Lite Beer prices. Our friend Rick's wife, Chris, was having her 50th birthday party. At a get-together at Kevin and Kelly's, one of their friends had given Kelly two Miller Lite cans with a note that there were two more cases coming.

Who needs 50 candles when you can have 50 beers.

Meijer's had their cases of bottles on sale for $15.49 so bought three (the third for the last two bottles, then I'll be forced to drink the remaining 22).

I think this is a great birthday gift.

Could be expensive for us, though, as most of our friends are in their fifties and on up.


3. WHERE'S BOB?-- My favorite deejay, Bob Stroud was on vacation two weeks ago. he came back this past Monday and Tuesday, then was gone for the rest of the week.

I see that this Sunday's Rock and Roll Roots will be a repeat. It was supposed to be the third installment of his Summer of 1970 series.

Where Ye at, Bob?


REMEMBER WHEN "Race Issues" meant who ran the fastest?

No comments: