Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Listening to the Yardbirds Now-- Part 1

The last week, I have been listening a lot to a double CD I bought at Half Price Books in Palatine, Illinois back on July 2nd. Well, actually Disc 1 which has 18 songs and covers their big hits, great lesser-known ones, and, of course, their blues roots.

We'll be listening to Disc 2 as we head out for Clinton later today.

This was a really great group from the 1960s, and, then there is that impressive list of alumni like Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page who went on to do great stuff on their own and in other groups.

Their HITS, Disc 1

FOR YOUR LOVE
HEART FULL OF SOUL
SHAPES OF THINGS
I'M A MAN

GREAT STUFF I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH:

A CERTAIN GIRL
GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL
I AIN'T GOT YOU
EVIL HEARTED YOU
STILL I'M SAD
MISTER YOU'RE A BETTER MAN THAN I SWEET MUSIC

Oh, did I forget that "other" alum with the initials E.C.?

Back in the Good Old Days of Two to 2 and a Half Minute Songs. --RoadDog


REMEMBER WHEN you played baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game?

No comments: