Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

JSIS: That's One Big Fish-- Facebook 500 M-- The Pelicans are Coming

JSIS: Just Some Interesting Stuff.


1. THAT'S ONE BIG FISH-- A 130 pound catfish was caught in the Missouri River Tuesday which may be a new world record if it is certified. Greg Bernal and Janet Momphard caught it. The previous record was 124 pounds caught five years ago in Alton, Illinois.

Now, that's one fish that MIGHT JUST EAT YOU!!


2. FACEBOOK 500 M-- Wednesday, Facebook announced that it hit the 500 million member mark. I would have to guess this number is worldwide as according to sources, 127 million Americans are social network users and that number is expected to rise to 164.9 million by 2014.

My wife is an avid member and has made contact with several former friends whom she lost contact with.

As far as me, I "ain't got no friends 'cuz I don't belong." Yet, anyway. But these darn blogs keep me plenty busy.


3. THE PELICANS ARE COMING-- Five "Oil-spill ambassadors" get a new home at Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago. They are getting a second chance on life after being saved from that mess down in the gulf.

They're doing fine now, but will be watched carefully to make sure no new problems arise with them.

Always love those pelicans. I'll never forget the "fight" between Carlene and the pelican over a fish she caught down in the Florida Keys. One of the funniest things I ever saw. I was laughing too hard to help her.

Birds, Fish and Friends. --RoadDog

REMEMBER WHEN there were telephone numbers with a word prefix like YUkon 2-601?

1 comment:

Empoprises said...

Re Facebook numbers, I recently read something that indicated that 70% of Facebook's membership is outside of the United States.