Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good Times in the Area: Retro Night and a Mom and Pop Record Store-- Part 2

The second CD I bought was a $12.99 3 disc set "The Rolling Stones Singles Collection: The London Years." What makes this set so great is that it has both the "A" and "B" sides of all these seminal Stone 45s.

It is easy to get the big Rolling Stones chart toppers, but this one has the "B" sides of all their singles. In some instances, the "B" side of the US and English 45s were different, in which case they had both.

"B" Sides of:

19th Nervous Breakdown-- Sad Day

Paint it Black-- Stupid Girl US, Long, Long While UK

Mother's Little Helper-- Lady Jane

The set has a total of 55 songs, well worth the $13.


The THIRD CD was "RamonesMania." This one is loaded with some of the best songs the group put out. I must admit that I wasn't a Ramones fan until I started listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage. But since then, I have become a big fan. Thanks, Steven.

Some songs:

I Want to Be Sedated
Teenage Lobotomy
I Wanna Live
Bop 'Til You Drop
The KKK Took My Baby Away
Rock 'n' Roll High School

Good Stuff, Maynard. --RoadDog


DIDJA HEAR? Dijonvu-- the same mustard as before. Sorry.

No comments: