Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

They Did It To Me Again: TVs

Spent some time yesterday doing something I had been dreading and putting off, and that is messing with the TVs.  And, not my choice!!  I was forced into it by my cable company.  All of our TVs are analog and when the BIG DIGITAL SWITCH took place several years back, we were ok as the cable hookup managed to take care of it.

Now, it's not that I don't like the new HD digital TVs and as a matter of fact was looking forward to getting them, BUT NOT UNTIL THE CURRENT TVS BREAK DOWN!!!!!

Before I left for the south last week, we had noticed that we had lost a few of the channels (Mediacom had warned us several months back that they were switching to all digital and that we would need special boxes to be hooked up).  We ordered them.

We have four main TVs:  The 25-inch console downstairs is 1983 and the bar 19-inch is 1992.  Upstairs, the 32-inch is about 1998 and the 19-inch in my study is about the same year.  The two TVs downstairs were too old to even use the box, requiring you to use the power button on the set.

We did get Liz's mom's 25-inch TV hooked up downstairs and Liz got the 32-inch hooked up while I was gone.

I did really enjoy the new channels we get now and watched a couple episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents last night.  I like those old TV shows.

Looks like there is a 55-60-inch TV in the near future for me.  Guess I'll just have to learn how to live with it.  And, I'll need a new one for the bar but will have to do some measuring as it has only a limited space.

Go On, Twist my Arm and Make me Get Them!!  --RoadDog

No comments: