Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Where Were You June 2, 1973?-- Part 1

This is the 40th anniversary of the Summer of '73.  Absolutely hard to think of it as being that long ago.  Bob Stroud started these summer Time Warps back in the Summer of '67, the Summer of Love.  This is a four part series, with one three-hour segment every first Sunday from June to September.

I really look forward to these little bits of my past as I sure was listening to the music and buying those albums and 45s, much to Dad's chagrin.

  My words in parentheses ( ).

LONG TRAIN RUNNING--  DOOBIE BROTHERS--Brand new from the album The Captain and Me.
RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME--  DR. JOHN--  (My first intro to non-Dixieland New Orleans music, but I didn't know it at the time.)

SHAMBALA--  THREE DOG NIGHT--  Debuting this week, 40 years ago and on its way to #1.  (Something about a GFC Christmas Party and a table with Freddie and myself standing on it and singing the song at the top of our lungs.  Who needs karaoke anyway?  Wait, we didn't have it back then.)
CISCO KID--  WAR--  (Just got to love that sound War had.)

ELDERBERRY WINE--  ELTON JOHN--  The last two songs were from your radio, Now, from your album collection.  Off side one of Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player.
AMERICAN TUNE--  PAUL SIMON--  His second solo album, There Goes Rhymin' Simon.  Lead off selection from side two.

Let the Memories Begin.  --RoadDog

No comments: