Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Boating Duh for the Week


Tuesday, we went out to the boat to go out on the Chain in our quest to go boating 40 times this season. As of today, we are at 18 (but with the much-needed rain, probably not going out).

Uncovered the boat, primed the engine, turned the key and....nothing. It was like it was trying to start, but not getting a spark. Continued trying and flooded the engine with gas. Sat and waited, then tried again...still wouldn't start.

Called our boat mechanic and he started having me check things (not a great thing as mechanically inclined I am not). Distributor, where's the distributor? No luck, no start. Set up arrangements for him to come over to the boat the next day.

After I hung up, Liz said to check the kill switch on the boat. I had already done so, but evidently not very well as it was loose. Tightened it and...the BOAT STARTED!!!

Embarrassed, I called the mechanic and he laughed at me.

Well, At Least the Boat Runs. --RoadDog

No comments: