Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Where Were You August 4, 1973?-- Part 1: Lots of Big Events In My Life


Sunday, Bob Stroud on Chicago's Drive, 97.1 FM WDRV (simulcast over 96.9 FM for the northern suburbs which is the one we get) went back to the songs playing on the radio and on our albums on August 4, 1973. That's 40 years ago for you mathematically disinclined.

I remember this was one really busy time for us. We had just rented an apartment in Des Plaines, Illinois. I was living there and Liz was still at her parents until our marriage coming up on August 25th, just 21 days away at this point.

I had just started what I figured to be my future job, working as an assistant manager at Bonanza Sirloin Pit in Buffalo Grove. They were impressed with me and planning on letting me run the new store in Schaumburg when it opened in six months. I would be the youngest-ever manager.

Then, there was that great music. I'll just list the songs because of this run-on paragraph problem and leave out Stroud's comments (as well as my own).

SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING-- Elton John
BAD BAD LEROY BROWN-- Jum Croce.

A Busy Time for Us. --RoadDog

No comments: