Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's Melting!!!: My Cabin Fevered Neighbor

Amazing, but we had 40 degrees yesterday, first time since November (and only two 30+ degree days). Quite a bit of melting, but we sure have a lot to go. We're just hoping it is not too fast because of flooding, both in the Chain of Lakes and the ground is still frozen and there is nowhere to go. //// I looked out the window yesterday morning and saw my neighbor across the street SHOVELING SNOW FROM HIS YARD ONTO HIS DRIVEWAY!!!!! That is more than a bit peculiar since we have been battling the white stuff ever since December 8th in a vain attempt to keep that white stuff OFF OUR DRIVEWAYS!!! (Actually, he was throwing the snow on his driveway to get it to melt as with the sun, the asphalt gets warm enough to do that. //// I have noticed, however, that about half the folks out in our subdivision have stopped doing their driveways, just thrown in the old snow shovel/blower. //// We had a smattering of snow this morning and it has already melted. As my buddy Kevin says, "Anyday I do not have to get up and shovel snow is a good day." //// I Understand Someone Shot Our Local Groundhog Prognosticator Woodstock Willie. --RoadDog

No comments: