Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Hasn't Sprung: NC Spring 2014-- Part 1

MARCH 23RD, SUNDAY: Extremely biting cold when leaving Illinois and stayed biting cold the whole way to Ohio. Enjoyed Rock and Roll Roots on WDRV and Breakfast With the Beatles on WXRT from 9 to 10 AM. Then, the Drive was doing Ten at Ten all weekend and got to hear 1972 until out of range. Took Il-120 to Il-47. south to I-74. Tried the new Burger King Big King (their answer to the Big Mac) at the Route 66 Burger King at the new Ambler-Becker gas station by I-55. It's as good as a Big Mac, but I wouldn't say any better. //// Took 47 to I-74 to Indianapolis. Gas at Crawfordsville, Ind. was $3.66 (Gas in Illinois $3.70- to $3.86). //// Picked up I-70 and east to Ohio where I had my Cincy Chili fix at Skyline Chili at Englewood. The other kind of gas was $3.40!!! Prooving that the farther you get from Chicago, the cheaper gas gets. //// The clerk at the Best Western was NICE enough to let me wait for two really, really long check-ins before informing me that there were no rooms available. Mighty nice of him!!! Continued on to Reynoldsburg, Ohio, outside of Columbus, before stopping for the night. //// Isn't It Supposed to get Warmer the Further South You Go? --RoadDogI-74

No comments: