Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Official: We Have a Three Gallon Winter

I had to go outside twice Saturday to clear off the driveway. Friday night/Saturday morning, we received 2 inches of snow and then it snowed another 4 inches from 1 PM to 8 PM. //// I had to crack open my third gallon of the gas/2-stroke mixture for the snowblower. That is a new record. Usually, I go through just one gallon in a season. And this is considering that I often just shovel the light snow and low accumulations. //// I see this is Chicago's 4th biggest snowfall winters with some 80 inches. And, it seems like so much more since so little snow has melted because of the cold. We go through cold-snow-cold-snow cycles. ///// Right now, we're in the cold with temps in McHenry at -5 degrees and 0 degrees here in Spring Grove. High today at 15, tomorrow 20 degrees and Wednesday 22 degrees. //// But, balmy 30s the next two days. //// And, there Was a Time I'd be Considering 30s in March as Real Cold!! Not Any More. --RoadDog

No comments: