Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Going Back to 1970-- Part 1: "Lake Shore Drive"

From Wendy Rice's WXRT Saturday Morning Flashback Show from July 4, 2015.

Again, a trip back to my college days and lots and lots of memories.

I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN'--  Dave Edmunds
THE SHAPE I'M IN--  Band
DOMINO--  Van Morrison

COME AND GET IT--  Badfinger
SWEET BABY JAMES--  James Taylor  (This song really takes me back.)
OOH OOH CHILD--  Five Stairsteps  (From Chicago)

MAYBE I'M AMAZED--  Paul McCartney  (At first I was really upset when the Beatles broke up, but then I became aware that now we would have a lot more of the music since they were each going out on their own.)
LAKE SHORE DRIVE--  Aliotta, Haynes & Jeremiah  (Pretty-well sums up Chicago.)
QUESTION--  Moody Blues

WHY DOES LOVE HAVE TO BE SO SAD--  Derek & the Dominos
I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU--  Temptations
BOX OF RAIN--  Grateful Dead  (Well, they WERE playing those big concerts in Chicago this last weekend.  I was shocked to read only two people there arrested for marijuana.  The Cops said they had more pressing things to do like keeping certain Chicagoans from killing each other in honor of the nation's birthday.

INSTANT KARMA--  John Lennon
SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED--  Stevie Wonder
THE MIGHTY QUINN--  Bob Dylan

ALL RIGHT NOW--  Free  (Does music get any better than this.)
SPIRIT IN THE DARK--  Aretha Franklin
WHERE DO THE CHILDREN PLAY--  Cat Stevens

"Gonna Knock You Right On the Head.  Better Get Yourself Together."  --RoadDog


I get these from the March 2015 Orange Peel.

ANSWER THIS:  What disease did cured ham have?



No comments: