Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

WLS Top 40 for July 9, 1965-- Part 1: Down in the Boondocks

As always, a big thanks to the Oldies Loon site for providing these trips back to my past.

I usually do just the Top Ten, but every so often expand to include the whole survey.  Usually I remember the Top tens, but quite often there are several on the full list which I don't.  And, there are others that I haven't heard in so long, it's worth a shot giving a listen on You Tube.

Here are the Top 40 songs in Chicago fifty years ago.  (*) are ones I didn't know.

40.  DOWN IN THE BOONDOCKS--  Billy Joe Royal  (This one sure reminds me of my 8th grade graduation fishing trip to Canada.)
39.  *MARIE--  Bachelors
38.  TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU--  Peter and Gordon

37.  *YOU'D BETTER COME HOME--  Petula Clark
36.  *NEW ORLEANS--  Eddie Hodges  (Knew the song, not by him.)
35.  CALIFORNIA GIRLS--  Beach Boys  (And on their way real high in the charts.)
34.  LITTLE LONELY ONE--  Tom Jones

33.  YES, I'M READY--  Barbara Mason
32.  *IT FEELS SO RIGHT/EASY QUESTION--  Elvis Presley  (Two of his songs I've never heard before.)
31.  HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE--  Patti Page

"People Put me Down 'Cause That's the Side of Town I Was Born In."  --RoadDog




No comments: