Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Music Deaths: Wrote "Always On My Mind" and "The Letter"

WAYNE CARSON, 72

Songwriter who penned "Always On My Mind," dies at 72.

By David Colker, LA Times.

Songwriter Wayne Carson was on the phone with his wife in the early 1970s and told her "Well, I know I've been gone a lot, but I've been thinking about you all the time."  This led to that famous Willie Nelson song.  It has been recorded by many other artists since then, including Elvis Presley.

He also had a big hit with the song "The Letter" which went to #1 for the Box Tops in 1967 and three years later Joe Cocker took it to the top ten.  Another hit for him was the Box Tops' "Neon Rainbow" which went to #24.

Two others also have credit for writing "Always On My Mind."

--RoadDog


REDNECK COMPUTER TERMS: CACHE--  Needed when you go yo the store.

No comments: