Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

11th Year of Retirement for Me

Today the teachers in the Round Lake (Illinois) School District went back to school.  It was just welcome and meetings, no students.  But, even so, they had to go.

This marks the beginning of my 11th year of retirement!!  They go back and I don't!!

I marked it with meeting Terri at the Iron Horse Grill in Round Lake for breakfast.  I worked with her for 25 years.

My only question, "Where did the time go."  Seems like I only retired a couple years ago.

O.K., another question, "How was I able to do all that stuff when I worked and how come I can't anymore?"

Oh, Yes.  I'll Do It Tomorrow.  --RoadDog

MORE SUTHEN-ISMS:  Only true Southerners say "sweet tea" and "sweet milk."  Sweet tea indicates the need for sugar and lots of it --  we do  not like our tea unsweetened.  "Sweet milk" means you don't want buttermilk.  Well, I for one, don't like sweet tea.  Makes my teeth hurt.

2 comments:

~llilly said...

Thanks for the shout out, Don. Year 2 of retirement beginning for me. When people ask how it is I say , I highly recommend it". How do you look at it? The reward for a job well done, or a giant sense of relief that you can finally stop struggling to keep your head above the water? The first six months or so we're definitely the latter.

So thanks for breakfast and a fifth of Fuzzy's in the Indy 500 commemorative bottle. See you again soon, Terri

RoadDog said...

I'd say a reward for a job well done.

Always a pleasure.