Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Going Back to 1967-- Part 1: "I Am the Walrus"

This past Saturday, Wendy Rice went back to the year 1967 on her Saturday Morning Flashback show on Chicago's WXRT.  This was a great high school year for me as I was a sophomore and then junior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois.  I started working at Burger King on Northwest Highway (US-14) in Palatine and I met Liz.

I have since had two 1967 vehicles.  The first was a 1967 Pontiac Tempest which I drove a lot to school and also to NIU for my Master's Degree.  The other one was a 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible.

These are the songs she played:

I AM THE WALRUS--  Beatles
SWEET SOUL MUSIC--  Arthur Conley
SWALBR--  Cream

SOUL MAN--  Sam and Dave
(WE AIN'T GOT) NOTHIN' YET--  Blues Magoos
HAPPY JACK--  Who

LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY--  Grass Roots
SUNNY AFTERNOON--  Kinks
EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART--  Soul Survivors

Name That Tune (from above songs):  "The Taxman's Taken All My Dough."  --RoadDog

MORE SUTHEN-ISMS:  Every Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that red eye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are NOT a breakfast food.

"Sunny Afternoon"

No comments: