Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 29, 2016

My Five Favorite High School Football Teams in the Area

Like I said, if we have good weather on a fall Friday, the place I most like to be is out at the local high school gridiron.

The two teams I see the most are close by us.  Johnsburg High School Skyhawks, the game I saw Friday, is about two miles directly south of of our house.  And, they let seniors, like me, in for free.

Richmond-Burton Rockets (named for the two townships served) is about seven miles away.  This is where the kids in our subdivision go to school.  I send this high school a WHOLE LOT of money in my property taxes.  You'd think they'd let me in for free in thanks, but at least seniors do get $1 off.  I'll be seeing them play the next two games (as Johnsburg is on the road).  And, September 9th is the big Johnsburg-Richmon-Burton rivalry game.

Palatine High School Pirates in Palatine, Illinois.  This is where Liz and I both graduated from back in 1969.

Round Lake High School Panthers.  We lived in Round Lake Beach for 17 years and we both taught our entire careers there.

Grant High School Bulldogs.  We spend so much time in Fox Lake (school named for Fox Lake's township) that it is essentially a second home.

I also back the Wilmot High School Panthers just over the border in Wisconsin, where the Twin Lakes kids go to school.

--RoadDog

MORE SUTHEN-ISMS:  Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't "HAVE" them, you "PITCH" them.

No comments: