Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Help, We Got Hit By a Gas Gouge Yesterday!

Yesterday, I went to the Walgreen's and Jewel here in Spring Grove, Illinois,and saw that our rip-off Marathon gas station had raised their gas from $2.20 to $2.40.  Sounded like a gas gouge to me, so I quickly drove into McHenry to see if it was true.  the Marathon station there was also at $2.40, but the Murphy USA station was still at $2.14, so I filled up the truck.

Later yesterday we drove to Fox Lake, Illinois, and the gas there was also $2.40 at all the stations.

This is the second gas gouge we've had since August 4th.  Gas then was $2.08 and jumped in a matter of seconds to $2.38.  It had taken the next two weeks for them to drop their prices to $2.19.

It always galls me to see gas go up in price so fast, but then take a real long time to drop back down.

I Hate Those Guys.  --RoadDog

No comments: