Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 8, 2016

About the Olympic Opening Ceremony

Friday night we watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Brazil at the Legion and then home at Margaritaville.  This by far is my favorite part of the whole Olympic thing with its Parade of Nations.  I especially enjoy seeing the uniforms and outfits the countries wear.  The more out there in design, the more I like it.

Plus, I enjoy seeing the flags and the ones being carried last night had to be light judging by how easily the holder twirled them.

I liked the United States uniforms, and, of course, there is always that sense of pride.  But I sure could have used with a whole lot less of the college antics in front of the camera after they were done marching.  That got old fast.

Then, there was the glistening flagbearer from Tonga.

It was late and I went to sleep before the lighting of the flame and other entertainment.

--RoadDog

No comments: