Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Music to Get Snowed In By Back in 1967-- Part 1: "The Snow Goes On" or, Well, "The Beat Goes On"


Yesterday, January 29, 2017, Bob Stroud went back to January 29, 1967, and played the music we'd be
listening to on WLS and WCFL during Chicago's Blizzard of 1967.  This was must-listen to  music for me.  It sure brought back memories of all those snow drifts (which, joy of joy, I didn't have to shovel because of my 'rasslin' injury back in December.

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER--  Rolling Stones  (Obviously not played too much on the radio back then.
STANDING IN THE SHADOWS OF LOVE--  Four Tops
THE BEAT GOES ON--  Sonny & Cher

I'VE GOT TO HAVE A REASON--  Dave Clark Five
SCARBOROUGH FAIR/CANTICLE--  Simon & Garfunkel  (Or do you call it "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.")
TELL IT TO THE RAIN--  Four Seasons

GIMME GOOD LOVIN'--  Spencer Davis Group
I'M SO GLAD--  Cream  (Way before I had heard of them.  I can remember most of the words for some reason.)
YOU GOT TO ME--  Neil Diamond

TELL IT LIKE IT IS--  Aaron Neville
KIND OF A DRAG--  Buckinghams
DAYTRIPPER--  Otis Redding   (Otis puts the soul spin on the Beatles.)

LET'S GET TOGETHER--  Jefferson Airplane
(THEME FROM) THE MONKEES--  Monkees  (Based on you-know-who.  How many of you think the title is "Hey, Hey, We're the Monkees"?)
PAPA JEAN'S BLUES--  Monkees

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Here We Come, Walking Down Your Street."  Answer below.--RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You're the employee of the month at the local coffee house and you don't even work there.  As I get ready for my second cup o' joe.

"(Theme From) The Monkees"


No comments: