Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 27, 2017

WLS Top Ten for January 27, 1967: "Kind of a Drag"


Fifty years ago, right in the middle of Chicago's Blizzard of '67, these were the hottest hits on the WLS Silver Dollar Survey.

1.  I'M A BELIEVER / STEPPING' STONE--  Monkees   I'm a Believer That Too Much Snow Will Fall.
2.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH--  New Colony Six  (Chicago band)
3.  GEORGY GIRL--  Seekers

4.  SNOOPY VS. THE RED BARON--  Royal Guardsmen
5.  PUSHIN' TOO HARD--  Seeds
6.  NOTHIN' YET--  Blues Magoos
7.  KIND OF A DRAG--  Buckinghams  (Chicago group)

8.  WORDS OF LOVE / DANCING IN THE STREET--  Mamas and Papas
9.  I HAD TOO MUCH TO DREAM--  Electric Prunes  (How's that for a great psychedelic name?)
10.  98.6--  Keith

Name That Tune (from above songs):  "All I Want Is To Just Be Free, Live My Life The Way I Want To Be."  (answer below)--RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You lick the coffeepot clean.

"Pushin' Too Hard"


No comments: