Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Groundhog Days in Woodstock, Illinois Yesterday


Yesterday, February 2nd, of course, was Groundhog Day and Woodstock, Illinois, had their annual celebration with a prognostication by resident groundhog Woodstock Willie (unfortunately, he saw his shadow, so, six more weeks of  winter weather for us).

I missed that part as it was too cold.

But I did see a free showing of the movie "Groundhog Day" in the Woodstock Theatre's Harold Ramis Auditorium (in the movie for the "Bronco Billy" segment and I ate at the Tagueria La Placinto Mexican restaurant on the site of the Tip-Top Cafe from the movie.  I ate in the very spot that Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell sat at.

I then went over to the Woodstock Public Library and saw scrapbooks, photos and artifacts from the filming of the movie.

Got My Hog On.  --RoadDog

No comments: