Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 16, 2017

40th Anniversary of the Summer of '77-- Part 3: "Give A Little Bit"


I KNEW THE BRIDE WHEN SHE USED TO ROCK AND ROLL--  Dave Edmunds    (I sure played the Nick Lowe version a lot when I was deejaying.  Somehow, really worked at weddings.)
GIVE A LITTLE BIT--  Supertramp
THE WHISTLER--  Jethro Tull

FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME--  Foreigner
DREAMS--  Fleetwood Mac
JUKEBOX MUSIC--  Kinks    (I've been listening to their 70s albums a lot of late as my local record store, the Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, Illinois, got someone's entire Kinks collection, much of it now in my vaults.)

COULDN'T GET IT RIGHT--  Climax Blues Band
WOULDN'T WANT TO BE LIKE YOU--  Alan Parsons Project
TAX MAN, MR. THIEF--  Cheap Trick

LIDO SHUFFLE--  Boz Skaggs
LIGHTS OUT--  UFO
JET AIRLINER--  Steve Miller Band    (I just saw him three weeks ago.  Still going strong at age 73.)

DO I--  J. Geils Band      (One of my all-time favorites.  Try to listen to it and not start moving.)
ARIELLE--  Dean Friedman
SIR DUKE--  Stevie Wonder   #1 Song in Chicago June 11, 1977.

And remember, Stroud will do this three more times on his Sunday Rock and Roll Roots show this summer.  I'll list the songs here, but even better to listen to them and be taken back... way back.

Name That Tune From the Above Songs):  "Leavin' Home, Out On The Road I've Been Down Before."  Answer Below.  --RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You buy 1/2 and 1/2 by the barrel.


"Jet Airliner"

No comments: