Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Movie Scratches: Style-- China-- Promise-- Z


Movie Scratches:  A Dog's Eye View of Today's Movies.  These are movies I have seen recently in the theaters.

29.  GOING IN STYLE--  4-27--  Fox Lake, $6--  Getting even with the bank and their company with a late-life, short-lived crime spree.  Sure hope there's a GIS II.  This was funny.

30.  BORN IN CHINA--  4-27--  Fox Lake, $6--  China's animals and their families.  Gorgeous scenery and how did they ever get those shots?

31.  THE PROMISE--  5-2--  Round Lake Beach, $6--  The Holocaust of the Armenians in Turkey during World War I.  I'm hoping this one gets a Best Picture nomination.  It was that good.

32.  THE LOST CITY OF Z--  5-2--  Round Lake Beach, $6--  If at first you don't find it, look and look again  And, World War I also.

I have seen several movies with World War I as a theme of late.  Must be the fact that we are in the centennial of America's entry into it.

Hard to Beat Those $1 Nathan's Hotdogs at Regal Cinemas in Round Lake Beach on Tuesdays.  --RoadDog

No comments: