Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Going Back to 1968-- Part 2: "Monterrey"


WATERLOO SUNSET--  Kinks
DO IT AGAIN--  Beach Boys
HELLO, I LOVE YOU--  Doors   This song always reminds me of going out to Honey Hill in Wauconda, Illinois, for an afternoon of swimming and fun in Bangs Lake.

GOIN' BACK--  Byrds
I CAN'T QUIT HER--  Blood, Sweat & Tears
MONTERREY--  Animals

I GOT THE FEELIN'--  James Brown   The "Godfather of Soul"
SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL--  Rolling Stones
LIVIN' IN THE USA--  Steve Miller band   His first big hit.  He sang it at the Indy 500 Carb Fest several weeks ago.  Time has not been good to his voice on this one, but he was right on in all the other songs.

BLACK MAGIC WOMAN--  Fleetwood Mac
I THANK YOU--  Sam and Dave   When you say soul, they sure come to mind.
WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS--  Beatles

Name That Tune (From the Above Songs):  "She's Walking Down the Street, Blind To Every She Meets."  Answer Below.  --RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee.


"Hello, I Love You"



No comments: