Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Remembering Neptune's Cove On the Chain of Lakes In the 1980s


NEPTUNE'S COVE

Last night we went over to Half-Times in Johnsburg, Illinois, to see their new addition.  We sat next to a couple and in talking, they mentioned that they used to hang out at the old Neptune's Cove on Fox Lake.

I immediately chimed in that I used to deejay there for John and Anne and did so for several years.  It was one of the original places where I started deejaying with my own equipment and we had some great times there.

I had gone in to talk with the new owners about deejaying as we used to go there often to see the country band Choyce.  I got the job.  I remember I had to build swings to put my turntables on as when people were out on the dance floor it caused a lot of needle skipping.

The remembered me being there.  They had met there and became king and queen one time of Neptune's in a contest, fell in love and have been married ever since.

Neptune's Cove became a popular 50s-60s place after Neptune's called Jukebox Saturday Night.  That closed and the place was torn down.

She is the sister of Pete and Tilly, who were the parents of Anne.  I  knew them well.  Pete and Tilly now live in Florida and Anne and John live in Dallas.

Old Times.  --RoadDog

No comments: