Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Got My Flags Up To Commemorate the 76th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Today


I just went out in the cold (and a light smattering of snow) and put up two U.S. flags to honor those who died and survived that attack on Pearl Harbor 76 years ago that plunged the country into World War II.

Pearl Harbor, along with the Alamo, Fort Fisher and the Titanic have always been the four history stories that have interested me the most.

Sadly, as far as I know, there are no ceremonies in our part of northeast Illinois that is having anything for it.

This being the very first major action of the war for the United States, these persons are among the very oldest of those remaining from World War II and because of it, they are dying off even faster than the others.

When I was growing up, it seemed that all of my parents' friends were World War II veterans and it is hard to imagine there coming a time when they won't be around anymore.

In observance, every one of my blogs today will be about Pearl Harbor.

Hope You Are Flying Your Flag Today.   --

No comments: