Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Happy Fiftieth Anniversary Liz


No, it is not our wedding anniversary which is on August 25.  This is the anniversary of our starting to go together and that was December 15, 1967.

Back then, we were both juniors at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois.  We had not received our class rings yet (those came in May) so I gave Liz my ID bracelet.  When we finally got the class rings, I was "allowed" to wear it for a day and then Liz got it.  She didn't even give back my ID bracelet.

This date was also on a Friday and I was looking for a way to surprise her when she would least be expecting the bracelet.  She had to go to the laundromat at Palatine Plaza on Northwest Highway (US-14) to do her family laundry.  I tagged along.

Unfortunately, the laundromat is no longer there and we don't remember exactly where it was but know it was close to the Pankau drugstore.  We think there is an ice cream place there now.

Giving her the bracelet there sure caught her by surprise.

Happy Anniversary, Liz.  --RoadDog

No comments: