Friday, December 29, 2017
WLS Top Ten for December 29, 1967: "Woman, Woman"
Closing out another year, 2017, that went way too fast. Also closing out a year round look at the top songs on Chicago's WLS AM 890 radio station for the year 1967.
1. JUDY IN DISGUISE-- John Fred
2. BEND ME, SHAPE ME-- American Breed
3. WOMAN, WOMAN-- Union Gap
4. DAYDREAM BELIEVER-- Monkees
5. SNOOPY'S CHRISTMAS-- Royal Guardsmen
6. CHAIN OF FOOLS-- Aretha Franklin
7. BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY-- Fantastic Johnny C
8. GREEN TAMBOURINE-- Lemon Pipers
9. I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE-- Gladys Knight
10. HELLO GOODBYE-- Beatles
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "For Five Long Years I Thought You Were My man." Answer below. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I was taking my canary to the hospital. It got loose in the car and flew out the window. The next thing I saw was his rear end, and there was a crash."
"Chain of Fools"