Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 17, 2018

A Busy Weekend-- Part 1: President George H.W. Bush, Memories and Movies


THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6

Wrote about yesterday's funeral for our 41st President, George H.W. Bush, in all of my blogs.

Bob Stroud went to 1971 for his Ten at Ten.  A great year of music for me as I was at UGA for the first half and NIU the second half.  My high school and college years are still my favorite for music  That would be 1965 to 1973.    I always pick a favorite song of the ten, usually ones that bring back a memory.

However, today, I had to pick two.  "Reeling In the Years" by Steely Dan always reminds me of driving the famous "Ramblin' Wreck," my 1963 puke green Rambler station wagon back and forth between Palatine and Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Illinois, during my student teaching.  The other song is Pure Prairie League's "Amy."  However, Bob  pointed out that it was released in 1972 but didn't get popular until 1975, when I really liked it.

Drove to Round Lake Beach and saw two movies at Regal Cinemas:  "Widows" and "Overlord."  I am trying to reach my yearly goal of 52 movies seen in theaters and have a bunch to go and running out of time.  Both great movies.  And, Regal Cinemas has $6 tickets, a free mall bag of popcorn ($2 for a large tub), $2 drinks and best of all, $2 Nathan's hot dogs all day Monday to Thursday..

Ate at Hardee's in RLB.  We don't have many Hardee's here in northern Illinois.  Try their double sliders.  Sorry White Castle.

--RoadDog

POLITICALLY INCORRECT CHRISTMAS SONGS:  "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"    Bullying.




No comments: