Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 11, 2019

WLS Top 40 for February 10, 1969-- Part 6: "I Got A Line On You"


15.  BABY, BABY DON'T CRY--  Smokey Robinson / Miracles    #8    Does a slow-dancing song get any better than this?

14.  I'VE GOTTA BE ME--  Sammy Davis Jr.     #11    From the Broadway musical  "The Golden Rainbow."  His third highest chart song.  Quite a message.

13.  IF I CAN DREAM--  Elvis Presley     #12     Originally the "B" side.  Kind of a rewrite of #14.

12.  I GOT A LINE ON YOU--  Spirit     #25    Los Angeles group with Jay Ferguson as lead singer.   he had a big hit in 1977 "Thunder Island."

11.  I'M LIVING IN SHAME--   Diana Ross / Supremes      #10     Very much reminds me of "Love Child."  Makes a good point about loving your mom before she's gone.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Whether I'm Right Or Whether I'm Wrong."    Answer below.  --RoadDog

LINES FOR WOMEN:  Man:  Hey baby, what's your sign?  Woman:  Do not enter.


"I've Gotta Be Me"

No comments: