Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Our 49th Wedding Anniversary-- Part 9: A 'Great" Morning at a Mom and Pop Motel

Continued from November 13th.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2022

Got my coffee from the office as well as a free copy of today's Dubuque (Iowa) Telegraph-Herald.  The price of it is now $1.50 Monday to Saturday.  A little bit higher but definitely better than the Chicago tribune which is now $4 daily.  I will be cancelling my subscription, sadly, soon.  I love having a print paper in my hand, but not at $140 every two months.

Sat outside the room, had my coffee and read the paper.  Now that's good living to me.

The neighbors in Room 14 left for breakfast and a boat ride  in Dubuque, but will not be coming back to the motel.  Too bad, we sure had a nice conversation with them last night.  Those old Mom and Pop motels are very conducive to sitting outside your room and talking with fellow travelers, something you can't do in newer motels.

I watched some of "South Park," a really funny adult cartoon show which unfortunately attracts a lot of kids to watch it.  It is hilarious, but things they talk about and cursing should not be for kids.

--RoadDog


No comments: