Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, December 4, 2022

WLS Top Ten (and Debuts) for Week of Dec. 4, 1972: 'I Can See Clearly Now'

From OldiesLoon.

These were the Top Ten songs and debuts in Chicago fifty years ago today according to WLS, 890 AM.

1.  PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE--  Temptations

2.  I AM WOMAN--  Helen Reddy

3.  I'D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME--  Lobo

4.  I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW--  Johnny Nash

5.  SUMMER BREEZE--  Seals & Crofts

6.  YOU OUGHT TO BE MINE--  Al Green

7.  IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW--  Harold Melvin/ Blue Notes

8.  IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA--  Albert Hammond

9.  I'LL BE AROUND--  Spinners

10.  VENTURA HIGHWAY--  America

********************************
DEBUTS

20.  CORNER OF THE SKY--  Jackson Five

24.  WALK ON WATER--  Neil Diamond

25.  KEEPER OF THE CASTLE--    Four Tops

27.  I WANNA BE WITH YOU--  Raspberries

28.  YOUR MAMA DON'T DANCE--  Loggins & Messina

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Got On Board A WestBound 747."  Answer below.  --RoadDog



"It Never Rains in Southern California"


No comments: