Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Our 49th Wedding Anniversary-- Part 11: Drinkin' at the VFW

Back at our favorite drinking spot in Galena, the VFW on Main Street.  They have $2 drafts.  The cheaper we pay for beer,  the better in our book.  Plus, we almost always we find locals to talk with.  My idea of a great bar.  And, you don't see every other person in the bar deeply involved with their "Smart Phone."

Talked with one guy who had brought his own limes into the bar.  We just had to ask why?  He said that even though the bartenders wash their hands when they go to the bathroom, but they handle money and money is covered with germs.  Makes sense, but I don't think I'll be toting limes alon with me.

Sadly, just before we left, I found out that they have craft and import beers for $3.25.  I had a couple, but would have had more at that price had I known of the special.

Cheaper Beer Is Better Beer.  --RoadDog


No comments: