Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

JSS-- Boating-- Yardwork-- Gas Under $4-- First Thumb Therapy

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. BOATING-- We're having perfect boating weather this last week, temps in the 80s and breezes to cool you off. We've been out boating this last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday. We rarely go out on the weekends because of the crowds, and especially the infamous "Weekend Warriors." They are a bit too crazy for us.

So, we're getting a bit of use out of that hole in the water in which we like to throw money. We mostly float around, reading newspapers and magazines, working crossword puzzles, and listening to WDRV on the radio, classic rock, you know.


2. YARDWORK-- The thumb is a bit better, so I've been able to start "catching Up" with the yard and has that ever gotten ahead of me. Sadly, this was to be the FIRST-EVER summer I figured to keep up with it, but lost seven weeks. Let's just say, the weeds prospered and all theplants overgrew.

I've been working on the front yard and west side, but have at least a month's work more to go.


3. GAS UNDER $4-- Thank you GRB Big Oil folks. Finally got the prices down, BUT anything ABOVE $2 is TOO EXPENSIVE. Perhaps these high prices led to those unbelievable profits just released.

Gas in Fox Lake is $3.88 to $3.92. Gas in Round Lake is $3.94.


4. FIRST THUMB THERAPY-- The doctor who did the operation suggested I go to thumb therapy as I still can't get full use of the thumb. Yesterday, I went for the first appointment, and after a lot of testing and measuring, I was given several exercises to do with it. Let's hope I soon get the use back.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: