Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Let Me Tell You About My Dumb Birds

Lately, we've been hearing a lot of tappa-tappa-tapping on the basement window. The sound comes from who we3 call Dumb Bird #1, a female cardinal who is intent on gaining access to the basement plants by flying through the window.

She perches on the bushes and then flies right into the window, with her beak making a tap. Now, you'd think that after awhile, she'd get the idea that she couldn't do it, but not her. I walk over to the window and she flies away and glares at me. Her mate is around, but he can't get her to stop either.

Sure hope she doesn't hurt herself. I've been wanting to get some cardinals to hang around since we moved in 15 years ago, but I'm not sure that I want a "challenged" bird or her family.

Must have one REALLY HARD BEAK.

Anybody Know How to Say "No" in Cardinasl? --RoadDog

No comments: