Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

JSS: The Taxman Cometh-- Blue Ridge Runners-- How Much Longer?

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. THE TAXMAN COMETH-- Liz told me that we had a call from McHenry County saying that the second half of our property taxes is due Friday. That's a fast $4,130 I don't need. The total was up $500 from last year, and, the house lost at least $100,000 in value. They always say that the taxes keep going up because the value of the house goes up.

You'd have to figure that if the value goes down, so will the taxes. Not So!!


2. BLUE RIDGE RANGERS-- As I cry while paying those taxes, at least I am able to look forward to the release of John Fogerty's "Blue Ridge Runners" album which came out yesterday. I'm going to buy it today. Looking forward to cranking it up on the 'ol stereo at home.


3. HOW MUCH LONGER?-- How much longer will we be able to anticipate a record's release and go to a store to buy it? What with all this here "downloading" stuff. Even now, I see the numbers of CDs in stores declining rapidly. Not much longer, I'm thinking.

Sad to See the Experience Going the Way of the LPs. Stereo, What's a Stereo? --RoadDog

No comments: