Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spooks, a War, and Great Football-- Part 1

Had a pretty good weekend.

Friday, I saw two movies at the theater, "White Out" a really frigid who-done-it and "All About Steve," one of the funniest I've ever seen with some real characters that would take Northern Exposure to another level.


SATURDAY

I went to the Fox Lake Historical Society and found out that a paranormal group had investigated out museum and found that there are spirits inhabiting it, a REAL "Night at the Museum."

Afterwards, I went to the Lake Villa Civil War Days at the Lehmann mansion. I helped man the Sons of Confederate Veterans tent. There was a battle re-enactment that was won by the Confederates. Those cannons really put off shock waves when they fire, not to mention the smoke.

Then, it was on to the German Fest at Steitz's on Lake Bluff. They've been there since the 1930s. Had some great Warsteiner beer and a brat. They had fireworks later, but I left way before that.

Came home and had a bonfire outside and later watched a great game between Georgia and Arkansas, won by the Bulldogs at Margaritaville, my downstairs bar.. I found out that Northern defeated Purdue earlier in the day. That is my alma mater (and I attended Georgia one year) and we have had only futile success against Big Ten teams with a 1-31-1 record before this!!!This year, we are 1-1 vs. the Big Ten.

Too Good of a Time. --RoadDog

No comments: